Welcome to the Ambisonics Symposium 2010
The members of the organizing committee are pleased to welcome you to the Second International Symposium on Ambisonics and Spherical Acoustics, which will be held on May 6-7 2010, at the Institut de Recherche et Coordination Acoustique/Musique (Ircam), Centre Pompidou, Paris, France.
The International Symposium on Ambisonics and Spherical Acoustics is a new event established as Ambisonics Symposium in 2009. This two days symposium is devoted to reviewing the current state-of-the-art and recent advances in spherical acoustics with emphasis on its applications to audio and music practice. It brings together researchers, developers, musicians and practitioners working in, but not limited to, the following fields:
- General considerations on spherical acoustics theory
- Ambisonic for sound scene reproduction and virtual acoustic environments
- Spherical microphone array systems and signal processing
- Capture and analysis of radiation patterns
- Spherical acoustic holography
- Synthesis of directional and focused sound sources
- Spherical loudspeaker array systems and signal processing
- Theoretical considerations on comparative subjective and objective studies
- Standardization, exchange, implementation and hardware issues
The Institut de Recherche et Coordination Acoustique/Musique (IRCAM) is located in the center of Paris, a city known for its outstanding beauty. Early spring is an especially attractive time for visiting France's capital - the weather is normally temperate, and the world-renowned gardens are in bloom and thriving.